First Eucharist (Communion)
Welcome to preparation for First Eucharist
(Communion) for Children
This sacrament prepares all second graders and above to receive Jesus for the first time. Parents are their first teachers and we are here to help you complete this mission. We will be counting on you to impress upon your child the importance of learning about Jesus. Please communicate with us about anything that we can do to help your child through this process. Our goal is to have a fully expectant, fully prepared child, ready to receive our Lord’s Body and Blood in the Sacrament of 1st Eucharist.
- Weekly Preparation: All public, private school, home school students are required to participate in our weekly Faith Formation Classes. Parochial schools, Epiphany Cathedral School, receive preparation during school hours.
- Monthly Preparation Meetings: All (parents & child/ren) are expected to attend monthly meetings.
- 1st Communion is celebrated in May, annually.
- 1st Reconciliation happens in January, annually
- 1st Communion Retreat (Jesus Day) attended by parent and child
- Click her for all Forms (Copy of baptism required if baptized in another parish) These form can be filled out on the computer, printed, signed and turned into Church office or Faith Formation office